Sustainable development strategy
The strategic vision of the SEA Group is founded on the sustainable generation of value. This is always considered from a multi-dimensional point of view (economic, environmental and social) and according to the mutual strengthening of the three components. The SEA Group draws up its strategies in such a manner that the resources, actions and instruments deployed in the social and environmental areas are true and proper investments, which can therefore support the proper management of company risk and in the final analysis feed the growth of the organisation.
In 2012, the drawing up of the "Sustainability Vision" of SEA began, which will establish an agenda of strategic objectives, policies, instruments and resources through which the business objectives will be linked with sustainability issues.
The objective is to establish the “tangibility” of the SEA sustainability policies, with an indication of the remit of action which, in satisfying the expectations of key stakeholders, promotes the competitive strategies of the company.
The project continued in 2014, with a focus on involving stakeholders (quantitative surveys to identify material issues) and it will conclude with the multi-stakeholder workshop and with the drawing up of the three-year SEA Group Sustainability Plan.
Sustainable development governance
The planning and decision making governance in relation to sustainable development within SEA is assigned to the Group Sustainability Committee, included in the Steering Process, with the following objectives:
- to propose to senior management the guidelines for development and the implementation and monitoring of sustainability policies to be integrated into the SEA business model;
- to oversee, within the approved guidelines, the mapping of the principal stakeholders and the proposal of objectives and means for the involvement of such stakeholders in the drawing up of the companies choices or their implementation;
- to ensure the development of synergies between the initiatives of the relevant departments put in place or considered significant for the achievement of the sustainability objectives;
- to ensure, in line with the defined objectives and in maximisation of the synergies with the disclosure and operating processes already in place, the establishment of a reporting model which incorporates the sustainability performances (included in the Sustainability Report) and the oversight of its functioning;
- to monitor the development of the significant corporate performance indicators in terms of sustainability and to propose any corrective actions.
The Chief Corporate Officer, the Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Financial Officer and the Directors/Heads of the following departments sit on the Group Sustainability Committee, overseen by the Chairman and called on a half-yearly basis.
- Administration, Tax and Credit Management
- Aviation Business Development
- Commercial Non Aviation
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Customer Care
- Environment and Airport Safety
- Finance, Risk Management & Investor Relations
- Information and Communication Technology
- Legal and Corporate Affairs
- Planning and Control
- Real Estate and Corporate Projects
- External Relations
- Human Resources and Organisation
- Workplace Safety and the Prevention and Protection Service.
In addition, the General Manager of SEA Handling, the Technical Director of SEA Energia and the Managers of projects or special initiatives are involved.
In 2014, the Group Sustainability Committee held 4 meetings.